*TRUTH ABOUT ISLAM*
*MORE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MUHAMMAD AND JESUS*
* Jesus was a religious leader
* Muhammad was a religious leader and a military leader
* Jesus never killed anyone
* Muhammad killed an estimated 3,000 people, including beheading 700 Jews of the Banu Qurayza tribe in one single day in Medina, A.D.627
* Jesus never owned slaves.
* Muhammad received a fifth of the prisoners taken in battle, including women Sura8:41
* Jesus never married.
* Muhammad had many wives.
* Jesus never forced followers to continue believing. After Jesus made a difficult saying, “many of his disciples went back and walked no more with him. Then Jesus said to the twelve, ‘Will ye also go away?’ Then Simon Peter answered him, ‘Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life.'” Jn6:31-69
* Muhammad forced followers to continue believing, “Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.” (Hadith al-Bukhari, Vol9, Bk.84, No.57)
* Jesus taught God was our Father Matt6:10
* Muhammad taught it was blasphemy to call Allah your father Sura5:18
* Jesus taught man was made in God’s image Matt22:20, Gen1:26-27
* Muhammad taught Allah has no image Sura42:11, Sura112:4
* Jesus taught “forgive those who trespass against you” Matt6:10-15
* Muhammad taught to avenge trespasses against your honor, family or religion.
* Jesus never tortured anyone.
* Muhammad tortured the chief of a Jewish tribe.
* Jesus did not retaliate when violence was committed against him, saying “Father, forgive them.” Luke23:34
* Muhammad retaliated when violence was committed against him, ordering the death of his enemies. Kitab al-Tabaqat, written by Ibn Sa’d (A.D.745-845), Vol.2, p.168
* Following Jesus was voluntary, from the inside out
* Following Muhammad could be coerced, from the outside in. Sura9:29
* A martyr in Christian and Jewish thought is one who dies for his faith
* A martyr in Islamic thought is one who dies for his faith while killing infidels
* Christianity teaches God wants a personal relationship with each individual
* Islam teaches individuals cannot have a personal relationship with Allah, as he is transcendent and unknowable
* Jesus’ religion is known for forgiveness and love
* Muhammad’s religion is known for obedience and fear
*None of Jesus’ Apostles led armies. A village did not receive Jesus “and when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, ‘Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, even as Elias did?’ But he turned and rebuked them, and said, ‘Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them’ Luke9:52-56
* All of the caliphs who followed Muhammad led armies: Caliphs Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Muawiyya, the Umayyads, the Abbasids etc.
* In the first 300 years of Christianity, there were 10 major Roman persecutions, and Christians were fed to lions in the Coliseum. Never did Christians lead an armed resistance against those who attacked them
* In the first 300 years of Islam, Muslim armies conquered Arabia, Persia, the Holy Land, North Africa, Spain, Southern France, Central Africa, and invaded vast areas of Asia and Asia Minor
Fighting is inconsistent with Jesus’ example but not Muhammad’s, as the Sirat Rasul Allah records Muhammad personally led 27 raids, including Battle of Badr, 624AD; Battle of Uhud and expulsion of Banu Nadir, 625AD; Attack on Banu Mustaliq, 626AD; Battle of the Trench and killing Banu Qurayza, 627AD; Battle of Khaybar, 628AD; Battle of Mu’tah, 629AD; Conquest of Mecca, Battle of Hunayn, Battle of Auras and Siege of al-Ta’if, where Mohammed used a catapult, 630AD; Battle of Tabouk, Subjugation of Banu Thaqif (Yemen) and subjugation of Ghassanids (Arab Christians), 631AD
*Jesus’ teaching on how to treat enemies:*
* Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, pray for them which despitefully use you Matt5:44
* Resist not evil Matt5:39
* If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to them the other Matt5:39
* If someone takes your coat, give them your shirt Matt5:40
* If someone make you carry something one mile, carry it two Matt5:41
* Forgive and you shall be forgiven Matt6:14
* Judge not, that ye be not judged Matt7:1
* Blessed are the peacemakers Matt5:9
* Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy Matt5:7
* Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not kill, but I say who ever is angry with his brother is in danger of the judgment Matt5:21-22
* Treat others the same way you want them to treat you Luke6:27-36
* Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, whatever you do to the very least you have done unto me Matt25:40
*Muhammad’s teaching on how to treat enemies:*
* Infidels are your sworn enemies Sura4:101
* Be ruthless to the infidels Sura48:29
* Make war on the infidels who dwell around you Sura9:123,66:9
* Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day Sura9:29
* Strike off the heads of infidels in battle Sura47:4
* If someone stops believing in Allah, kill him al-Bukhari 9:84:57
* Take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends Sura5:51,60:13
* Never be a helper to the disbelievers Sura 28:86
* Kill the disbelievers wherever we find them Sura 2:191
* No Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel al-Bukhari 1:3-111
* The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land Sura5:33
What motivates fundamental Muslims to violence?
Where Jesus was a religious leader, Muhammad was a religious leader and a military leader, thus the effort to separate the militant aspect of Islam from the religious aspect is an attempt to split Muhammad.
*The closer one follows the example of Jesus, the more peaceful is one’s motivation*
*The closer one follows example of Muhammad, the more militant is one’s motivation*
More about Muhammad’s violence:
Many Muslims are becoming Christians in the last few years, read article:
*Jesus is Lord!*