*TRUTH ABOUT THE MORMON CULT (LDS)*
part 1 of 2:
–there are about 15 million Mormons in the world;
–Mormon youth are encouraged to do 2 years of mission work.
QUESTION: is the Mormon religion a CULT?
There are many Christian denominations, but here is why Mormons are NOT true Christians:
1. They believe God was once a man. Thus they deny the Trinity (they believe in an infinite number of gods, each one owning his own universe).
“God himself, the Father of us all, is a glorified, exalted immortal resurrected man!” (Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, pp322-23,517,643)
“…God himself was once as we are now and is an exalted man and sits enthroned in yonder heavens…” (Journal of Discourses, V6,P3,1844)
“As man is, God once was: as God is, man may become.” (Lorenzo Snow, quoted in Milton R. Hunter, the Gospel Through the Ages, pp105-106)
2. They deny the deity of Jesus; they say Jesus is man who ”evolved” to the status of God and he will marry a woman and have children.
In the Book of Revelation chapter 19 it speaks about the Bride of the Lamb, which is not a woman literally but the church (Rev21:2,9)
3. Mormons believe that one’s SALVATION is based on good works as baptism, good deeds, missionary work, and following Mormon teachings. In The Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, justification by faith in Jesus Christ is called a “pernicious doctrine” twice and he states that it has been “an influence for evil.” (pp. 107, 480) Bruce McConkie once stated at Brigham Young University that a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is “improper and perilous” (Church News, March 20, 1982, p. 5)
“…for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, AFTER all we can do” (2 Nephi 25:23, pg100). After all we can do??? Is salvation ”doing” or is salvation ”believing” and ”receiving”??
Other facts and mormon beliefs:
*They believe killing can’t be forgiven (D&C18:42) but Moses, David and Paul have killed.
*Mormon Church members sing of hymns portraying Joseph Smith as a martyr who died for his faith. He was actually imprisoned for destroying a newspaper printing press as retaliation for the negative press articles about him. Mormons are also not aware that he had a gun and killed two people shortly before he was shot to death. He also made the Masonic symbol for distress as a last-ditch effort to save his life. Certainly he was not the “lamb to the slaughter” that the Mormons like to describe his death as.
* They believe hell is NOT eternal in duration
* They believe that once a person has died they still have the opportunity to repent, be baptized, to be saved and exalted
* They believe Mary did NOT conceive by the Holy Spirit, but rather “conceived” when God the Father came down and “joined” with her and “sired” Jesus in the same way that mortal men sire mortal sons
* They believe polygamy is NOT sinful if commanded by the LORD, and faithful Mormon men “may” become polygamists in heaven
* In 1835, Joseph Smith purchased a scroll of papyri containing Egyptian hieroglyphics from a traveling showman named Michael Chandler. He then proceeded to examine the scroll, claiming that it contained writings of Abraham, and translated it into what is now known as the BOOK OF ABRAHAM
In 1966, several fragments of the original scroll that Smith used resurfaced. With the discovery of the Rosetta stone, Egyptology had learn to interpret hieroglyphs. Turns out, the scroll was merely a common Egyptian funerary text that had absolutely nothing to do with Abraham. Smith lied that God gave him the ability to translate hieroglyphs
* Joseph Smith, founder of LDS, believed in polygamy; “…if any man espouse a virgin, and desire to espouse another, and the first give her consent, and if he espouse the second, and they are virgins, and have vowed to no other man, then he is justified; he cannot commit adultery…And if he have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery.” (Doctrines and Covenants,132:61,62) Joseph had at least 26 wives, some say 60
*BELIEFS MORMONS WON’T SHARE WITH YOU WHEN THEY FIRST KNOCK AT YOUR DOOR:*
— that they believe your Church is wrong, your Christian creeds are abomination to God, and you pastor or Priest is a hireling of Satan (Joseph Smith2:19)
— that there is salvation only in their church – all others are wrong (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 316, also Mormon Doctrine, p670)
— that those who have been through their temples are wearing secret underwear to protect themselves from “evil”. This “evil” includes non – Mormons like you
— about their secret temple rites at all. If they did, you would spot them as non Christians immediately
— that they think “familiar spirits” are good, and that their Book of Mormon has a “familiar spirit”. Lev19:31 says familiar spirits defile one, and are to be avoided at all costs
— that women receive salvation only through their Mormon husbands, and must remain pregnant throughout all eternity
— that they intend to be gods themselves some day, and are helping to earn their exaltation to godhood by talking to you
— that they intend to have many wives in heaven, carrying on multiple sex relations throughout eternity, until they have enough children to populate their own earth, so they can be “Heavenly Father” over their own planet!
— that you were once a spirit – child of their heavenly father, and one of his numerous wives before you were born on earth
— that the Virgin Mary really wasn’t a virgin at all but had sex relations with their heavenly father to produce the Mormon version of Jesus Christ
— that they believe Jesus had at least three wives and children while he was on this earth.
— that the “heavenly father” they ask you to pray to with them, is really an exalted man that lives on a planet near the star base Kolob, and is not the Heavenly Father of the Bible at all
— that Jesus was really Lucifer’s brother in the spirit world, and it was only due to a “heavenly council” vote that Jesus became our redeemer instead of Satan!! (The Gospel Through The Ages, p15)
— that there are over one hundred divisions in Mormonism. They conveniently “forget” this while criticizing the many denominations within the body of Christ
— that all their so- called scriptures such as the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants, and even their official “Mormon Doctrine” statements contradict each other on MAJOR doctrinal points. The King James Bible is likewise contradicted
— that the reason the Book of Mormon has no maps is because there is not one scrap of archaeological evidence to support it!
— that the state of Utah, which is predominately Mormon, has a higher than the national average of wife-beating, child abuse, and teenage suicide
— that their prophet Joseph Smith was heavily involved in the occult when he founded Mormonism
— that that they encourage visitations from dead relatives from the “spirit world”, a practice forbidden in the Bible (Deut18:10-12)
— that there are many accounts of Joseph Smith’s first vision besides the one they present to you, and all are different
— that their secret temple oaths are based on the Scottish Rite Masons
— that before 1978 they considered the Negro (Black) race inferior, and even one drop of Negro blood prevented a person from entering their priesthood
— that they expect Christ to return to their temple in Missouri, but they haven’t built the temple He’s supposed to return to, because they don’t own the property. (It is owned by the “Temple Lot Mormons” who have plans of their own, and won’t let the Salt Lake City group buy it)
— that they consider the Bible to be untrustworthy and full of errors. (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p10)
— that Jesus’ death on the cross only partially saves the believer
— that that according to Anton Lavey’s Satanic Bible, the demon god of the living dead is called “Mormo”. Is it just a coincidence that the Mormons are so concerned with the dead?
— that on their Salt Lake City Temple they prominently display an upside-down star which is a Satanic symbol known as the Goat’s head. Why?
— that they believe the Archangel Michael came down to earth with several of his celestial wives, and became Adam in the garden of Eden
— that that they believe the angel Gabriel came down to earth and became Noah in the days of the flood
— that their Prophet Joseph Smith prophesied falsely many times. For example, he foretold the second coming of Christ for 1891. The Bible teaches that one false prophecy puts the prophet under death sentence (Deut18:20-22)
— that their Prophet Joseph Smith did not die as a martyr as they claim, but was killed during a gun battle in which he himself killed two men and wounded a third
— about the Mountain Meadows Massacre in which they brutally murdered an innocent wagon train of settlers, of over one hundred men, women, and most of the children, traveling through Utah
— that Joseph Smith taught that there were inhabitants on the moon, and Brigham Young taught there were inhabitants on the sun as well!
…see part 2